Bornila Chatterjee

Bornila Chatterjee

Instructor Bio:

Writer/director, WGA member. TV credits include Shantaram (writer) for Apple TV+ and Bombay Begums (writer/director) for Netflix. Her feature film The Hungry (writer/director) premiered at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival and she has sold a feature film screenplay to New Line Cinema.

Instructor Statement:

To tell stories is to be human. I feel lucky that I get to tell stories for a living and I want to give you the tools and the confidence to shape your own stories for the screen. I personally know how competitive and oftentimes lonely our industry can be, and believe that it is just as important to develop resilience, self-esteem, mental health practices and a sense of community as it is to learn technique, admin and craft. My own professors and mentors taught me this and so much more, and especially fuelled my desire to “pay it forward” to future storytellers. My approach to teaching is the same as my approach to filmmaking - equal parts organization and flexibility, tied together with curiosity and enthusiasm. I strive to create a space in which writers of all backgrounds and identities feel safe, seen and inspired to create.

Instructor Schedule

vector icon of building

Corporate Education

Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.

Learn More

vector icon of building

Donate to UCLA Extension

Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.

Innovation Programs

Student Scholarships

Coding Boot Camp

Lifelong Learning